Re: [css3-transitions] [css3-animations] API for testing transitions and animations

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> Not yet. I'll do what I can to get them shared as soon as possible.

Great -- thanks!

> Right. I meant that if prefixes are used, it's proprietary, strictly
> speaking. And if they are not, then the tests would be dependent on getting
> the other spec stable enough that prefixes can be dropped.

The term used by CSS 2.1 is "vendor-specific", not "proprietary".  If
you're going to call requestAnimationFrame proprietary because it's
prefixed, then so are transitions and animations, since they're still
prefixed too -- right?

> Yes, which seems a bit unfortunate.

We can have a number of different types of tests.  A UA that doesn't
implement requestAnimationFrame can still be tested on events,
timeouts, etc.