Re: [css3-transitions] [css3-animations] API for testing transitions and animations

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> The setTimeout timer is almost certainly not very precise in practice.
> Especially if you want short timeouts.
>
> The animation timer may be better, as long as you keep in mind that it only
> fires at 60Hz or so.

So if we use requestAnimationFrame, it seems like that would let us
test transitions and animations and requestAnimationFrame pretty well,
right?

> Sure.  I'm saying there's a place for both sorts of test.

Right.  So I'll probably start on tests for transitions and animations
shortly.  My testing strategy will be

* Test computed style at the start, end, and iteration events, and
initially, and maybe also after everything should have finished.
* Test computed style using requestAnimationFrame.
* Test rendering using animated reftests.

I think that should give us decent coverage, no?