Re: [css3-transitions] [css3-animations] API for testing transitions and animations

On 2/14/12 2:32 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Boris Zbarsky<bzbarsky@mit.edu>  wrote:
>> Which timer?  The setTimeout timer, or the animation one?
>
> Both.

The setTimeout timer is almost certainly not very precise in practice.
Especially if you want short timeouts.

The animation timer may be better, as long as you keep in mind that it
only fires at 60Hz or so.

> Well, ideally, yes.  But to verify that the user is actually seeing
> what they're supposed to, as opposed to just computed values being
> correct, you need some type of reftest.

Sure.  I'm saying there's a place for both sorts of test.

-Boris