Re: [CSS21] Computed value of top/right/bottom/left for position:static

Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> a écrit :

> The "Computed value" lines for top, right, bottom and left all say
> "for 'position:static', 'auto'".

The spec now says:
"
Computed value: if specified as a length, the corresponding absolute
length; (...)
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#position-props

and

"
static
     The box is a normal box, laid out according to the normal flow.
The 'top', 'right', 'bottom', and 'left' properties do not apply.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#choose-position

> However, when I specify e.g. 100px, Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera
> all inherit that length instead. Also these tests assume that will
> happen:
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/html4/dynamic-top-change-002.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/html4/dynamic-top-change-003.htm
>
> Either the spec or the tests would have to change.

This test

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/inherit-static-offset-001.xht  (I may change the filename
later)

checks, tests that specified value set on parent is used on child,
even though top and left offset properties do not apply on statically
positioned elements.

Chrome 18.0.1025.151 in its web inspector tool and Opera 11.62
(DragonFly web debugging tool) indicate 'auto' as computed value for
left and top for the parent element; Firefox 11.0 indicates '50px'.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011