Re: Maximum (viewport) height for testcases; vertical scrollbar checked in automated checking of reftests

Le Lun 9 avril 2012 11:40, Joel Maher a écrit :
> I saw this question and have been trying to figure out a similar
> question.

It must have been:
Ideal, recommended document box height of tests
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2012Mar/0019.html

> When running tests

Are you running tests individually or are you using the test harness
( http://test.csswg.org/harness/ ) ?

When using the harness, the document box height is furthermore constrained.

> on a mobile device the viewport is much smaller than
> 800x1000, is there a consensus on what the maximum pixels should be?

The shorter a test is, the better.

I believe 300px should be the ideal, recommended maximum height.

Of course, if a test has to test extreme limits and borderlines, then
such recommendation does not apply.

> Devices are increasing their screen resolution, but I think we are still
> stuck with 480x800.

"The device has a viewport width of at least 640px (approx)."
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/#uncommon

When creating tests and reftests, the test/reftest creator should check
if the tests/reftests still work as expected at 640px.

> The real question is how much space do the tests really require?  If it
> is
> 1000 pixels, is that something that all or some of the tests require?

It is not 1000 pixels. On the other hand, unfortunately, we never really
discussed and agreed on a recommended numbered limit or some range
value.

> My
> assertion is that most tests require <600 pixels.
>
> -Joel

Well, yes, I agree with your estimation.

Joel, are you going to create + submit tests?

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: