Re: [RC5] character-encoding-038 invalid

On 15/01/2011 7:24 AM, Peter Linss wrote:
> I believe there are a few problems with this test.
>
> First, the only style possibilities for the test paragraphs are white
> text on a green background versus white text on a green background. I
> presume it's trying to test for the application of the rule in the
> linked stylesheet but there would be no visible effect either way.
>
> Second, I'm trying to figure out if this test requires http or not (and
> exactly what for that matter this test is trying to test), I'm guessing
> the rule in the linked style sheet is NOT supposed to match anything? It
> it relying on the linked stylesheet being served as utf-8? (the server's
> default, as there is no explicit encoding set on that file) Why does the
> title state "malformed UTF-8"? Either something's missing here or I'm
> not getting it...
>
> Peter

The external stylesheet CSS [1] has this

.t�st { color: white; background: green; }

I presume that � is malformed CSS. Each class of each <p> has a string
of class"t(Unicode)st". These are the Unicode characters.

é ้ щ ى ι י И

1.
<http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/support/character-encoding-038.css>

--