Re: Creating reftests for tests involving half of the unpredictable width of another element; reftests for c43-rpl-bbx-002 and c43-rpl-ibx-000

Le Mar 13 décembre 2011 21:15, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 12/14/11 12:08 AM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> Some tests
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/c43-center-000.htm
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/c43-rpl-bbx-000.htm
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/c43-rpl-bbx-001.htm
>>
>> involve a precise measurement of half of the current window viewport
>> or
>> rather the available document box width.
>
> Can these tests be converted to rely on half the width of some block box
> instead?  That block box could then be explicitly styled with an even
> width....

Boris,

Yes, that's a suitable and excellent solution. We could then add an
horizontal ruler like support/ruler-h-200px-400px.png for
c43-rpl-bbx-00? tests.

For test c43-center-000, I originally proposed a set width of 1003px for
body element. Such value could be also 763px or 603px too and for a
block box with a set width. Maybe 603px would be best here. (The
particular test configuration requires an odd number for such block.)

I think the *_best_* block box width value for those c43-rpl-bbx-00?
tests should be a width close or very close to the minimum viewport
width required by the test suite and using an *_even_* number due to the
test. This would at the same time prevent a tall blue square and
vertical scrollbar generated. In such case, the pass/fail conditions
sentence would have to be modified too since
"big blue square half the width of the window"
would not apply anymore.

Anyway...right now, I can not, just like that, all by myself, modify
those c43-rpl-bbx-00? and c43-center-000 tests.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: