Re: 28 proposals to improve testcase writing guidelines

On Thursday 2011-12-08 16:44 -0800, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Finally, if an IT corporation or a dedicated test author (eg Ian
> Hickson) intends to submit more than 100 testcases, then I think such IT
> corporation or test author should read all relevant documents (including
> the one on my 28 proposals) about creating good testcases. So far, only
> 3 entities fit such profile and have submitted over 500 tests in the CSS
> 2.1 test suite: Microsoft, Mozilla and Ian Hickson.

Mozilla's test submissions aren't all written by one person; they're
written by individual Mozilla contributors.  I'd like to encourage
more Mozilla contributors to write tests that are worth contributing
to the test suite -- but the harder it is to teach them how to do
that, the less likely I am to try, or if I do try, to succeed.

-David