Re: RC1 : 1st preliminary review report: list of 69 incorrect testcases

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:03:16 +0200, Gérard Talbot
<css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
> "
> (...) Documents that do not specify default scripting language
> information and that contain elements that specify an intrinsic event
> script are incorrect. (...)
> "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.2.1
>
> If default script language is not provided, then how is an user agent
> going to be sure/to know in advance that this inline script is
> "text/javascript" media type and that other one over somewhere else is
> "text/vbscript" media type? That is why, I believe, default scripting
> language should be specified in case of inline script.

I do not think that holding up the CSS 2.1 test suite against HTML4 for
scrutiny is a good use of our time. HTML4 is not what is being implemented
by the implementors we want to pass the CSS 2.1 test suite.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/