Re: Proposed improvements to c414-flt-ln-002

Le Lun 6 décembre 2010 0:53, fantasai a écrit :
> On 10/06/2010 04:15 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> Řyvind and Geoffrey,
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/c414-flt-ln-002.htm
>>
>> We discussed the c414-flt-ln-002 test before.
>
> I've altered the test to make it easier to determine the pass/fail
> conditions:
>    http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/css1/c414-flt-ln-002.xht
>
> Let me know if this addresses the problem.
>
> ~fantasai

Fantasai,

I have not examined a lot your altered version (I have a very busy
schedule today). But, in the mailing list discussion we had,

- I am sure we agreed to remove the borders around the big boxes and the
small boxes
- I am sure we all agreed to reduce the number of boxes; I provided a
testcase with only 2 instead of 4 [1]; I even submitted it for feedback
in www-style mailing list [2]
- I was for and I am still for inviting the tester to resize viewport;
in my opinion, resizing window should be part of the testcase

Finally, note that a slightly different version of that testcase is in
the CSS 1 test suite:
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS1/20070302/sec414.htm

[1]:
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/c414-flt-ln-002-draft.htm
[2]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Sep/0351.html

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC3; October 27th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/