Re: Proposed improvements to c414-flt-ln-002

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:53:58 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 10/06/2010 04:15 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> Øyvind and Geoffrey,
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/c414-flt-ln-002.htm
>>
>> We discussed the c414-flt-ln-002 test before.
>
> I've altered the test to make it easier to determine the pass/fail
> conditions:
>    http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/css1/c414-flt-ln-002.xht
>
> Let me know if this addresses the problem.

To me it definitely looks easier to interpret now. However, there are some
issues.

- Most importantly, it seems to break at some widths (e.g. about 840px on
Ubuntu and 960px on WinXP for me, Opera and Firefox). Seems like it
doesn't consider the case where the blue area is already occupied by the
BBBB float. (E.g. box C within 9.4em of .gutter's/BBBB's left edge, but
would wrap to the next line if CCCC were moved up from the line below C)
- The vertical alignment is still off by 1-2 px, in all desktop browsers
I've tried. The height of the content area of inline non-replaced elements
seems to be undefined in the spec.
- The blue region is on the right, not on the left

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA