Re: Licensing

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, fantasai wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think it would be good if the tests were licensed under the MIT license as
> > that makes it much more clear for software projects whether they can reuse
> > them. I believe the W3C Document License is currently not suitable for
> > everyone.
>
> Can you give a specific example, please?

The W3C document license doesn't allow for modifications, and requires
more boilerplate than ideal. This makes it unsuitable for a number of
projects. It also is not one of the most common licenses, and would
therefore block anyone from, e.g., using these tests in a Google Code
repository. I second Anne's request that a more suitable license be used
(such as the three-clause BSD, Apache v2, or MIT licenses).