Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Omitted start value of reversed list isn't calculated right (#6233)

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 08:58:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tabatkins said the same in https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/pull/28453

> But you only instantiate a counter when you're creating a new one. You want to instead count, I guess, the number of elements that affect the counter? Or perhaps pretend it starts at -1, accumulate all the increments it receives, then start it at the negation of the final result (so it'll end on 1)?

The intent was to make auto-reversed assume -1 increments, but making it end on 1 for arbitrary increments seems like the nicest behavior. Is this approach OK?

@MatsPalmgren @emilio @chrishtr @fantasai

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zcorpan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6233#issuecomment-843898708 using your GitHub account