Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] The spec should not allow UAs to ignore user-installed fonts (#5421)

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 00:58:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
One argument that (2) could be an acceptable workaround is that someone who can figure out how to install a font can likely figure out how to change a browser preference.

And one of the options we have discussed for (1) is to flip the maintenance requirement. So we would allow a UA to ignore user-installed fonts ONLY for languages where it can be demonstrated that available OS fonts are adequate for displaying web content.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5421#issuecomment-705270148 using your GitHub account