[csswg-drafts] Is there a CSS box for text node content? (#4197)

From: npm1 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 22:05:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
npm1 has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== Is there a CSS box for text node content? ==
I'm not sure what the right venue is for asking this question - apologies if this is not it.

In https://github.com/WICG/element-timing/issues/33 @bzbarsky points out that text nodes do not have a "border box". In the Element Timing API, we want to use a box which represents the space occupied by a text node. However, I'm not sure if there is any way to obtain that from CSS. I think it would be better from CSS instead of relying on font-specific concepts which will be hard to describe and might not be efficient to implement. Thanks in advance!

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4197 using your GitHub account