Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars-1] Rename `scrollbar-width` to `scrollbar-thickness`

From: 張俊芝 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 05:11:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There are also properties such as `line-height`, `vertical-align`, `top`(value), `bottom`(value), which were named due to the historical reason, those concepts were introduced before `writing-mode` was introduced(though `border-width` isn't the case), but similar properties and values that were introduced later didn't follow such historical convention(e.g. align-content, start, end), thus turned out for a new property or new value name to be not necessarily consistent with similar older ones.

Also, I personally don't have a strong opinion on using thickness, just perfer a direction-neutual word, if we are worried about naming convention, at least the word `size` is something that is commonly used in CSS.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Zhang-Junzhi
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2966#issuecomment-409096836 using your GitHub account