Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars-1] Rename `scrollbar-width` to `scrollbar-thickness`

From: 張俊芝 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:35:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
And further, there's one other thing to be considered:

Maybe some day we may also eventually want to provide ability to control the length of a scrollbar's inner length(the one perpendicular to "width"), so at an early age, the room for naming of the future property may also be considered.

Had we already used `-width`, then later the name for a scrollbar's inner length would have to be accommodate itself to `scrollbar-height`. At the time we have both `-width`, `-height`, ambiguity would be increased for a horizontal scrollbar.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Zhang-Junzhi
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2966#issuecomment-409125104 using your GitHub account