Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-3] caret-color animations, 'auto' and 'currentColor'

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:19:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If we are keeping the independent `auto` keyword value, I would be
against making it interpolate with other colors, since that would add
complexity to any implementation who wants to do something different
with `auto`. Although no impl currently plans to do that, why do we
want to set extra trouble for others to implement it if we think this
could be useful?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/781#issuecomment-266428994