Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT]

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 5:43 AM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On 3/18/22 4:10 AM, Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin wrote:
> > to set up a herding group (I know that is probably impossible)
>
> Not impossible, but it would take volunteers from this community (and
> others)
> to step up to do the work, and that might be more than we can muster at
> this
> point in time.

> That is what I took from Heather's commentary -- it wasn't about building
> silos and walling ourselves off from each other -- it was about being
> pragmatic and working with what we have right now because everyone's time
> is
> limited and precious and, like it or not, we can't address everyone's high
> priority items simultaneously.
>
> The talent it takes to do this stuff is an extremely limited resource and
> they're focusing on what they think is the most effective use of their
> time.
>
> At least, that's what I took away from Heather's statements. Heather, did I
> misread the gist of what you wrote?

Yes on being pragmatic. Yes on seeing the reality of the situation and
understanding that people are doing the best they can at each moment. And
realizing that the best one can do at the moment sometimes does not satisfy
the needs of the group, an individual, your commitment, someone's vision of
the ideal way all these things should work.

Welcome to life with other people!

--
Heather Vescent <http://www.heathervescent.com/>
Co-Chair, Credentials Community Group @W3C