Re: Ideals meet Implementations - Blockchains, NFTs, Decentralization, Oh My!

Adrian, I'm going to try and speak directly below. It might come off as rude,
but that's not my intent.

The responses to your questions on the mailing list from others have gone out
of their way to be polite in their framing. Since I've worked with you for
going on five years now, having met you in person and shared a number of nice
meals and conversation, I'm going to take the approach of being politely
blunt. There was a time where your input was helpful, but it has degenerated
into commentary that is largely unhelpful over the past year or so. You have
been harming your cause by continuing to engage in the way that you are and
people are starting to increasingly ignore your input.

I'm saying this because I respect your time and the time of everyone else that
is responding to you.

On 1/18/22 9:50 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> CCG rules require two leads for the work item. Ideally, the two people
> structuring the work item should both represent implementers and I could
> continue to play my advisor role.

Adrian, you need to step up and become ONE of the co-leads for the work item.
You can't continue to insist that other people do the work that you want done.

The best work items tend to have ONE technical lead and ONE non-technical
lead. My suggestion to you is to find a technical lead to help you with the
work item, while taking lead.

> If there aren't two separate people in CCG that are concerned about the
> burdens of standardized digital credentials and/or the relationship to
> biometrics in DIDs and VCs, then pushing a work item seems pointless.

There are 450+ people in this community group. You are not the only one that
cares about the things that you do.

This has been repeatedly stated to you, but it does not seem to be sinking in.
There's a certain amount of social unawareness at play here that is
frustrating to many of us, as well as you, I'm sure.

I know others are deeply concerned about "the burdens of standardized digital
credentials on those that hold them" and "the relationship to biometrics in
DIDs and VCs". I know I am and I've spoken with others that have the same
concerns, but your continued insistence that this is not a priority for
everyone but you pushes people to not want to work with you. That you keep
asking vague questions and citing passages in United Nations documents that
have tenuous links to the vague questions you're asking are not helping make
your case.

A number of us have had one-on-one conversations w/ you and continue to try to
guide your input in a positive direction. You have been reminded, multiple
times, on calls to find a way to contribute in a way that is positive and at
least to stop derailing conversations that have nothing to do with delegation
or "digital slavery" or GNAP or biometrics or "digital burdens".

Please step up, Adrian, and write something that you can get others on the
mailing list to rally behind. Until you do that, your pleas for others to care
as much about this stuff as you do will continue to result in nothing
actionable and wasted effort on everyone's part, including yours.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/