Re: Ideals meet Implementations - Blockchains, NFTs, Decentralization, Oh My!

Manu, thank you for the blunt response and your focused suggestion. I also
thank Anil and the others that have contributed to this thread.

I hear you and I will keep my CCG comments to this thread as I try to find
a co-lead and write something as Manu is suggesting. I will work hard to
avoid introducing this issue into other discussions on CCG. In VC-API, I
will stick with the authorization/delegation related Issues and avoid
discussing human rights or burdens except in the context of specific issues.

This thread is specific to the broad decentralization issues raised by
https://moxie.org/2022/01/07/web3-first-impressions.html so I hope it
continues to the extent any of the 450+ people in CCG find it useful.

In an attempt to name and scope a CCG Work Item, I would point to two
relevant calls today. ToIP discussed the relationship between KERI (and
did:peer) as it relates to DIDComm. The notes are superb:
https://wiki.trustoverip.org/display/HOME/2022-01-20+TATF+Meeting+Notes My
takeaway, as it relates to this thread, is that the reputation associated
with an identifier needs to be handled at a different layer from the
messaging associated with the identifier. Although the meeting ended
without a conclusion, I urge everyone in CCG to listen or at least read the
notes whether you have a direct interest in ToIP or not. That is
particularly important for Anil and others that hope to regulate the
interaction between non-repudiable (as in, for example, biometric)
identities and pseudonymous identifiers as they are used in CCG-related
protocols.

The other relevant call today was a GNAP interim meeting where Dmitri
Zagidulin presented on the applicability of the GNAP interaction model to
VC-API.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fCUvUHo_x34rHfjvd4YSMcnuSqM-94V-ds_V7Lyc-Sc/edit#slide=id.p
The minutes will be posted here
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/gnap/meetings/ This conversation is exactly
what I have been hoping for, as it makes explicit support for delegation of
access to a VC and the  privacy considerations for requests that might
include a VC and/or result in access to a VC.

So, this reply is not yet a formal work item proposal but if anyone thinks
there's a relationship between Moxie's delegation to servers perspective,
KERI's clarification of reputation relative to messaging, and the way GNAP
handles requests to an authorization server, then we're making progress.

And yes, I do apologize to all for my circuitous path on the way to being
able to reference specific technical concerns that are hopefully relevant
to CCG.

Adrian