From: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 7:50:59 PM
To: public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Ideals meet Implementations - Blockchains, NFTs, Decentralization, Oh My!

CCG rules require two leads for the work item. Ideally, the two people structuring the work item should both represent implementers and I could continue to play my advisor role. If there aren't two separate people in CCG that are concerned about the burdens of standardized digital credentials and/or the relationship to biometrics in DIDs and VCs, then pushing a work item seems pointless.

Adrian

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 7:26 PM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com<mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
On 1/18/22 7:04 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> Are we debating about the burdens? Are there other mitigations we should
> consider relative to the burdens? Where are we to discuss the burden of
> standardized digital credentials and then the possible mitigations?

Adrian, I expect that you'll find asking vague questions will result in vague
answers (and frustration).

From what I recall, you signed up to do a work item to explore this topic.
Have you been able to make progress on writing up your thoughts on the matter
for those interested in this group to analyse?

The questions you're asking should probably go in that work item on delegation
that you proposed.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/