Re: Solid Standardization of Basic Signature Technology for Verifiable Credentials (was: AW: VC-JWT perma-thread (was: Re: RDF Dataset Canonicalization - Formal Proof))

On 3/29/21 2:05 AM, detlef.huehnlein@ecsec.de wrote:
> which has obviously room for improvement, it seems to be clear to me that
> we have an issue here, which is likely to seriously harm or even prevent
> interoperability for verifiable credentials.
>
> What are our plans to solve these obvious (and IMHO urgent) problems?

You are right, Detlef... it's been a known problem for nearing a decade. I'm
happy to say that there will be an announcement in the next few weeks to
address this issue.

Note: The specification is in terrible shape and has been for a while. The
multiple independent implementations (with associated tests suites), however,
is a different story.

It's still not good enough -- we need to do better, stay tuned, announcement
coming soon.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches