Re: [sds-wg] Reminder and Agenda for Confidential Storage Spec Call - Mar 11, 2021

Thanks, Neil.

I envision identity hubs as the digital equivalent of “The City of
Atlantis”. It is the developer’s utopia where my app is both hosted for
free and self-sovereign.

I am not being sarcastic. Hosted confidential storage, like an EDV, is just
storage. Identity personas and apps are conceptually agents, meaning code
execution as well as storage. A Solid pod, for example, has storage as well
as app plugins. Depending on where and how the pod is hosted (in digital
Atlantis) it might be self-sovereign or not.

My iPhone is also an identity hub. It is decidedly not self-sovereign. The
app store hosts only censored code. The connectivity is anything but
anonymous. My surveillance is both constant and opaque. Even so, I am
“happy” to pay Apple and AT&T well over $1,000 / year for hosting my
identity hub.

IMHO, taking up identity hubs in a storage workgroup may be allowed under
our charter but it is overreach. Nonetheless, I am happy to engage with the
working group and will approach it from the perspective of self-sovereign
hosting of my persona.

Adrian