RE: [sds-wg] Reminder and Agenda for Confidential Storage Spec Call - Mar 11, 2021

As input to the discussion of [data] hub vs. the EDV sub-system  [secure data} services:

I’d suggest that the expectations I’m hearing across working groups (DIF, ToIP,…) on “data hubs” is that it is a basket of distributed data services packaged as a single point of contact for an organization (about their data) that includes, but is not limited to the following:

* A collection of data exchange services which replaces customized point to point solutions for individual sources & targets
* A data exchange broker between data sources and targets that may have different schema, semantics + languages, etc.
* Provider of different data exchange types, including streaming, subscription, notifications and batch updates
* Providing industry standard interfaces to data organized for different purposes and delivered in different ways

* Raw – data lake
* (real time) raw transactions as a stream (the same feed as populates the data lake)
* Standardized transactions (common transaction schema)
* Data event notification services (e.g., value from IoT device type X over threshold Y for period Z)
* Operational data (transactions + transaction management logs) – which might use industry specific common schema
* Analytical structured data (relational. dimensional , OLAP and data mining processed)
* Standardized data exchange services, mapping/translating: data schemas, semantics, data types, formats, languages – based on the Human Colossus Foundation OCA – Overlay Capture Architecture model

Such a collection of data services is being promoted by several (not yet SSI/ZKP) offerings/solutions of “data hub” services and applications.

What differentiates that for SSI based Secured Data Services is: standards for  ZKP/encryptically secured data hubs.

* From an EDV perspective (from what I have heard to in a few SDS wg meetings is), it:

* It plugs into and is accessed - directly or indirectly (e.g., via co-located direct wallet access) via data hub services.
* it is one of (and perhaps the most important) of the data sources/targets provided (transparently) to the clients using the data hub services

Thank you,

Neil Thomson
QueryVision
 <blocked::http://www.queryvision.com/> www.QueryVision.Com