Re: California Digital Vaccine Record based on VCs

> On 20 Jun 2021, at 4:26 AM, Kaliya IDwoman <kaliya-id@identitywoman.net> wrote:
>
> Based on feedback and a write up by John Jordan submitted into the Good Health Pass working group at ToIP I began a document "The Dangers of Using QR Codes for Data About People"
>
> I'll share a link - its not complete but the meet of the article is there
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o7vXiQyp8j92_Q5wVT3gXCH_reXIhJvbsljNuu95TBY/edit?usp=sharing

I don't see why "QR Code as a link to a web service" is a better alternative. Firstly, it is a privacy nightmare, secondly it requires internet connection (EU explicitly requires that certificate validation should be possible without internet access).  Of course you are mentioning all of them.

Also some side notes. EU covid certificates are bound to an ID (e.g., passport number). EU guidelines specify that  "Each Country A shall publish one and only one aggregate list of all revoked health certificates". Finally, not everybody can operate a digital wallet (e.g., my grandmother can't)

Best,
Nikos
--
Nikos Fotiou - http://pages.cs.aueb.gr/~fotiou
Researcher - Mobile Multimedia Laboratory