Re: VC HTTP Authorization Conversation

On 6/11/21 1:59 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> If anyone wants me to leave the group, all they need to do is ask.

No one is asking you to leave the group, Adrian. I personally want you to
remain and I know that others do as well. You're good people.

There are, however, multiple people that are requesting that you reconsider
your approach.

> I’m proposing that OAuth2 and GNAP be delivered simultaneously as part of
> the same spec and test suite

We have already polled this proposal and it was fairly clear that there was
strong opposition to it:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2021-06-01-vchttpapi/#57

I don't expect much has changed about how people feel about the proposal in
the past 10 days.

Would you like to run the proposal officially during the next call, Adrian?

> or else that authorization be out of scope for VC-HTTP.

I expect this to also fail given that many of the implementers are requesting
for OAuth2 to be at least one of the authorization mechanisms.

Would you like to run this proposal during the next call, Adrian?

> The privacy issue I’m raising can be handled with UMA.

We have zero implementers that have said that they want to implement UMA. If
there are implementers that are going to implement UMA to handle delegation,
they should speak up now.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/