Re: VC HTTP API Telecon Minutes for 2021-07-13

Adrian,
Pure implementer hat on here:
The "anything" use cases is literally that.  We for instance issue VCs with
a bale of cotton as the subject.  We also issue VCs for metadata related to
pure digital derivatives (think predictive or NLP model outputs).  These
are areas where our system then allows third parties to verify items, but
these are typically checks that happen over REST calls, in a 100% automated
manner with no human touching the data or interacting with the system
directly, aside from perhaps kicking an initial process off.

I agree in general that data minimization is broadly a desirable goal
always, but there are also case we have where a VC may have a lot of data,
parts of which are selectively disclosed to parties on a need to
know basis, with need to know being defined by regulatory policies. These
types of uses allow for data minimization to an end user receiving info,
rather than at the VC itself.

Just wanted to bring this up to ensure that you are also thinking about the
broad use of VCs with inanimate objects, for instance on the supply chain,
or in pure digital workflows.

Michael Prorock
CTO, Founder
mesur.io