Re: VC-HTTP API Use Case for Audit / Notary

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 10:35:08 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 7/3/21 6:13 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> Audit should be in scope as we work on VC-related protocols.

Yes, audit should be a consideration in the VC ecosystem.

However, the diagram you provided doesn't seem to touch the VC HTTP API at
all. Audit seems like it has nothing to do with the VC HTTP API at present,
and we should keep it out of scope until we have the base layer of the API
handled.

It's going to be very difficult to argue that auditing is as foundational as
issuing, holding, or verifying.

I strongly suggest that we put it out of scope for the VC HTTP API for at
least the next 6-9 months.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/