Re: Wallet Portability

That's the motivation and the intention (you got it).

We want to be able to move wallet content, and we want to know which parts
of that content are usable before and after the content has been moved.

The challenge is that we can't say __how__ a feature is implemented, but we
still want to know __if__ it is supported.

Our first stab at a solution to this problem, was to describe the
interfaces as a set of abstract functions which operate on the data model,
and yield data model objects and side effects.

We think that's sufficient, and we have tests to show that it works for
ethereum transfers and credential issuance...

We're working towards testability regarding multiple credential formats,
for example JWT, LD Proofs and ZKPs... We think if we can show that we have
modeled functionality support in a way that works for these, that's an
indication that the general approach works.

We also think it's helpful to have a list of wallet features, which have
descriptions which exist in one place... and which explain how those
features related to other standards... but just to be clear, we don't see
describing how those features are implemented as in scope.

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*
Chief Technical Officer