Re: Wallet Portability

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:01:40 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 6/25/20 9:50 AM, Orie Steele wrote:
> This is especially important when we consider wallets that support 3
> credential formats and 10 currency / token types... Before you even
> move, you might want to check that you can transfer funds after you move.

Yes, agreed. This highlights that there are at least two questions
related to wallet portability:

1. Can I migrate wallet providers without loss of data?
2. Can I migrate wallet providers without loss of
   functionality?

I believe what you're saying is that EDVs will enable us to answer #1
above with a definite "yes".

The Universal Wallet 2020 work will enable us to answer #2 above with a
definite yes/not for every standardized wallet feature.

Did I understanding you correctly?

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches