Re: Lightning Service Authentication Tokens (LSATs)

Hey Buck,

+1 on this, really excited to see you share it here. The sort of
“pay-per-permission” model this enables is really interesting to me.
For another example of LSAT in the wild, my implementation here:
https://www.satreon.net

Would love to see and help contribute to any w3c standardization efforts
/ documentations related to it. As 402 hasn’t been implemented much to
date, there’s a real opportunity for it here.

Further, I am curious how those in the Verifiable Credentials scene
think of macaroons and how LSAT fits into it. I can see how a mapping
over to VC’s could work and be verified by more than just the macaroon
signer - that’s one of the shortcomings I see with macaroons, without
diving into 3rd party caveats which is something I do need to look into
more. I have seen a lightning based DID method at a hackathon before
which could help here but even then, any DID / signing method could work
as long as they are signing the preimage hash.

Looking forward to next Tuesday!

Anthony Ronning