Re: Lightning Service Authentication Tokens (LSATs)

Hi Buck,

I've had a quick scan through the links and am impressed with what you've produced, it's helped me understand macaroons and LSAT much more.  I had some reservations about LSAT but as I've been looking into this some more I can definitely see the potential.

I found reference to using macaroons in a [identity credentials report](https://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/#introduction) from December which is "very high-level, incomplete, and rough" so focusing discussions on this area could help to identify where LSATs fit and some of the work mentioned below could really help flesh out details in this section.

A couple of points I would put here for consideration would be;

- One of my concerns with macaroons (for payments on lightning) had been that they are specific to the lnd implementation and not a part of the [lightning protocol](https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lightning-rfc).  When looking into whether there were plans for c-lightning to implement macaroons the only reference I could find was from [cdecker](https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/issues/3303#issuecomment-563452486) suggesting that authorization would be better suited in a proxy in-front of the lightning client, which makes sense to me as a separation of concerns.  If looked at it from that perspective then a proxy infront of a lightning client could implement a macroon, VC, LDAP, Kerberos or any other authorization layer which could e a nice little project to work on :)

- I explored the possibility of lightning based DIDs which might be what Anthony was referring to.  I concluded (at the time) that the DIDs didn't really fit on layer 2 and are better suited to being on Layer 1 and so left the idea there ( a lot of effort has already gone into BTCR).  One of my problems with the LN DID method was leaking privacy by rooting identity to a lightning node where BTCR uses a transaction which is much easier to obfuscate.

thanks
Michael