Re: Proposed work item: WebKMS

Oliver, thanks for that link very interesting.

On first glance, these appear to be addressing some slightly different use
cases.

CSC appears to be focused on standard OAuth reliant API for remote
digital signatures, whereas webkms appears to be a facade on KMS
interfaces, with a not yet formalized authorization framework (although
ZCaps are mentioned).

I could see WebKMS being used underneath CSC potentially, to support
pluggable KMS integration.

I'm also interested in supporting this work, particularly around support
for https://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/#dfn-Crypto

I worry about the requirement for a standard HTTP API, does this mean that
webkms can ONLY be used to expose a kms with the ability to handle http
requests? I think this would eliminate the integration I mention above,
namely, a common interface for both browser and server cryptographic
interfaces...

ᐧ

--
*ORIE STEELE*