Re: Dial in issues

On 03/14/2018 01:16 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:
> it isn’t automated, but if you remember to turn it on and off, Zoom
> emails you in minutes with a download link

This is the reason it typically fails. It requires a human to remember
and intervene to start the recording and then again to upload it so that
the rest of us have access to it.

The current system we have ensures (as in it's fully automated) that at
least the raw IRC log and the raw audio are recorded and archived so we
can all get to it.

The other gotcha is that if we transition to Zoom, someone will have to
manually copy the IRC log to git or rewrite the software to do that
since the archival of the IRC logs are triggered off of the first caller
into the phone system and the last caller to leave the phone system.

There is also the benefit of people on the IRC channel being able to ask
the voipbot for the SIP and dial in number for the bridge.

What ends up typically happening is that people remember the first
several times, and then feel like it's a burden, don't understand why we
record audio, and they stop doing it.

We've asked our upstream provider if they can up the simultaneous
inbound call limit from 15 phone-based callers to 50 simultaneous
phone-based callers.

blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/