Re: H69 is not a sufficient technique for SC 2.4.1

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Devarshi Pant <devarshipant@gmail.com>wrote:

> *Correction. Ignore the earlier post*
> Summary of Issue: H69 is not a sufficient technique for SC 2.4.1
> H69 by itself will not be able to satisfy the accessibility needs of
> sighted keyboard only users and hence is not sufficient for SC 2.4.1
> (bypass blocks).
> Proposed Change:
> Remove it from the list of sufficient techniques and merge it with H42.
>
> Thanks,
> Devarshi

The User Agent Notes for H69 discuss the native support for navigating by
headings that is provided in Opera, and notes that for other browsers,
plugins may be needed.   With all of our success criteria the assumption is
that people needing special user agents (including AT or special plug-ins)
will get and be using that type user agent (eg screen reader, or plug-in
that allows keyboard navigation of properly marked up content, etc) .

We have added a note to this effect to H69 that reads:

NOTE:  All of our techniques assume that people needing special user agents