Re: Web page colours

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Les Delaney
<lesdelaney@oneseniors.com.au>wrote:

> **
> P L E A S E   make the suggestion to webpage designers to be carefull of
> their colour choices!
>
> Light grey - light blue and other pale colours on pale and white
> bacgrounds ARE JUST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ for people with dyslexia and poor
> eyesight. WHY do they persist in making life a misery for these people?
> PLEASE have the designers make better choices!!!!
>
> Regards
>
> Les Delaney
> lesdelaney@oneseniors.com.au

We agree that many websites introduce serious accessibility problems with
their color choices.

If webpage designers are meeting WCAG 2.0, they will be providing
sufficient contrast for text. Success Criterion 1.4.3 require a contrast of
at least 4.5 to 1 for text.

Please let website owners know that they are causing you problems, and
refer them to WCAG 2.0 for guidance on how to provide more accessible
content.

We don't have any way of identifying or commenting to individual violators.