Re: Missing Technique already in-hand

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Duff Johnson
> Email: djohnson@commonlook.com
> Affiliation: NetCentric Technologies
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Success Criterion 1.3.1
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Missing Technique already in-hand
> PDF3 is clearly applicable to this SC.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add PDF3.

We do not understand why you believe PDF3 is applicable to SC 1.3.1, which
is focused on the semantics of elements in the content. SC 1.3.2 addresses
the reading order requirement for text and other data, and SC 2.4.3
addresses the tab order requirement. While reading order is a relationship
conveyed through presentation, we think it would be confusing to add all
the SC 1.3.2 sufficient techniques to SC 1.3.1, which is already a long and
complex success criterion. Since SC 1.3.1, 1.3.2, and 2.4.3 are all at
Level A, conformance requires that all be satisfied.