Re: support notes are incorrect

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 3:44 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: steve faulkner
> Email: faulkner.steve@gmail.com
> Affiliation: TPG
> Document: TD
> Item Number: H45
> Part of Item: User Agent Notes
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: support notes are incorrect
> the user agent notes state:
>
> "Some older assistive technologies do not support the longdesc attribute."
> This is factually incorrect. A number of current versions of assistive
> technology software does not support does not support longdesc including
> VoiceOver 4.0
> NVDA 2012
>

> Proposed Change:
> JAWS 13 - supports
> Window Eyes 7.5 - supports
> VoiceOver 4.0 - does not support
> NVDA 2012 - does not support
> Orca (latest)

Thank you for this information. We have updated the user agent notes to say:

Voiceover 4.0, NVDA 2012, Orca 2.32.0, and Zoomtext 10.0 (and their earlier
versions) do not support the <code>longdesc</code> attribute. JAWS 13 and
WindowEyes 7.5 do support this attribute, but some older versions do not.