Re: Congrats on WCAG 2 Flash Techniques (with minor change requests)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to the Adobe Accessibility team for creation of the WCAG 2 Flash Techniques. It's an impressive resource.
>
> I noticed that the following disclaimer is applied to many (but not all) of the Flash techniques that rely on accessibility APIs to convey information to the user's assistive technology.
>
>> Flash accessibility support for assistive technology relies on use in Windows operating systems, using Internet Explorer 6 or later (with Flash Player 6 or later) or Mozilla Firefox 3 or later (with Flash Player 9 or later).
>

> I think it's a good idea to keep this note prominently located on each of the applicable techniques, because many developers still don't realize that Flash is only accessible to Windows users. I did see the note in the compilation page (http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/flash.html#flash_accessibility_support) that Adobe plans accessibility support for Mac and Linux, but until that support is available, the disclaimer above should be added to these pages as well.
>
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH8.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH10.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH11.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH12.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH13.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH17.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH18.html
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH21.html
>
> Also, an image is missing from the following page.
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH8.html

Because the User Agent Notes for Flash are extensive, and they are the
same for all the Flash techniques, we decided to document them in a
common location and include links to the notes in each technique.

Thank you for catching the reference to the missing image. We will correct this.