Re: H44 : sufficient technique for 3.2.4?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Sailesh Panchang
<sailesh.panchang@deque.com> wrote:

> H44 (using labels for form controls)  deals only with explicit association
> and does not refer to "consistency". Yet the "Applicability" section refers
> to 3.2.4 (Consistent Identification). The eval techniques for 3.2.4 also
> lists H44 as a sufficient technique. I think  this is not appropriate and
> the cross references should be deleted.
> Also note: H65 (using title attribute for form controls) does not refer to
> 3.2.4.
>
> Sailesh Panchang
> Accessibility Services Manager (Web and Software)
> Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
> 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
> Reston VA 20191
> Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
> E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com

We are revising Understanding SC 3.2.4 to clarify that the sufficient
techniques  from SC 1.1.1 and SC 4.1.2 should be used to provide
labels, names and text alternatives. SC 3.2.4 requires that they be
used consistently.