Re: on a full-screen window

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:15 AM, WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Success Criterion 1.4.8
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: on a full-screen window
> "on a full-screen window" is used just one time.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Change "on a full-screen window" to "on the most common sized desktop/laptop display with the viewport maximized" as defined in Glossary and remove "on a full-screen window" from Glossary.

We are moving the following important note from the Understanding
document to the definition, so it no longer works to move the
definition up to the success criterion.

"NOTE:  Since people generally keep their computers for several years,
it is best not to rely on the latest desktop/laptop display
resolutions but to consider the common desktop/laptop display
resolutions over the course of several years when making this
evaluation."