Re: definition of "process"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM, WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Appendix A: Glossary
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: definition of "process"
> It reads "series of user actions where each action is required in order to complete an activity". Can we remove "where action is required" and say "series of user actions in order to complete an activity"?
>
> Proposed Change:
> If it would change the meaning, just keep it as it is.

Removing this phrase would change the meaning of the term. This is
because it specifies that "each action" is required in order to
complete an activity. For example, a process would require that a user
complete each of the following actions:
 1. add an item to their shopping cart
 2. provide a shipping address
 3. provide payment information