canvas-color-space

On 2020-11-10 03:10, Ken Russell wrote:

> I'm particularly interested in ensuring that the imperative rendering
> APIs - into Canvas and OffscreenCanvas - can access applications'
> desired color spaces and bit depths:
> https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space
> <https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space> . Please see recent
> commits for some recent progress among browser implementers.

On the call today, I said that I remembered this repo looked stalled. I
checked after the meeting and looking at the issues sorted by latest
update,
https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc

the most recently updated issue is "Status 2019-2020" which was created
(and thus last updated) Dec 21 2019 and is just an aliveness ping.

What I had missed though were commits to the proposal itself
https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space/blob/master/CanvasColorSpaceProposal.md
it is good to see forward motion on the proposal. I'm used to spec
changes arising directly from issue discussion, so had totally missed this.

Also, the proposal has a section called Unresolved Issues.  I have
thoughts on several of them, but being inline means to contribute to
them I would need to edit the proposal itself.

I suggest migrating those issues to actual GitHub issues, to encourage
discussion. The proposal can still list them and link to them.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus