RE: zakim commands (also for running subgroup meetings)

Apologies, I accidentally sent this before completing my attempt to organize and consolidate useful commands, include Janina’s changes, and add a few that I also use in my meetings. Ignore the previous email.

Starting a Meeting
/invite, zakim #GroupName – where the GroupName is the short name the group is known by. Example: #ag
zakim, start meeting
chair: Chair’s_Name – sets the Chair’s_Name
Meeting: Meeting name Example: Meeting: COGA Mental Health Subgroup Teleconference
date: dd mmm yyyy
regrets+ someone – adds someone to people who sent regrets for this meeting

Setting up the agenda:
zakim, clear agenda – clears the agenda of old items
Agenda+ some item – adds “some item” to the agenda
Agenda? – lists all agenda items so you can check what was added or know which number they were assigned

Zakim, please time speakers at 2 minutes – If you find it helps… this gives warnings as the timeout approaches

RRSAgent, make minutes - each time you type this the bot sends the minutes to the web page.

During Meetings
Scribing:
scribe+ someone – adds someone as a scribe
zakim, pick a scribe – Randomly picks someone in IRC to scribe the meeting

Meeting attendance:
present+ – To add yourself as attending the meeting
present+ someone – Adds a late attendee or someone joining by phone

Agenda management:
zakim, next item – moves to the next item in the agenda
zakim, take up item 5 – moves to item 5 in the agenda
zakim, close item 5 – closes item 5 in the agenda

Queue management:
q+ (puts you in the speaker queue)
q- (remove yourself from the speaker queue)
q+ to ask ... – provides a way to remind yourself of what you wish to ask
q+ to say ... – provides a way to remind yourself of what you wish to say
ack next – calls the next person on the queue
ack name – Calls the named person in the queue
q? – lists who is on the queue

Making corrections in scribing:
s/original text/replacement text/ – Substitutes the nearest match of the original text with the replacement text.

Ending a meeting
RRSAgent, make minutes - each time you type this the bot sends the minutes to the web page.  This is essential if you want minutes
Zakim, bye
Rrsagent, bye

Hope this helps.

Mary Jo Mueller
IBM Accessibility Standards Program Manager