W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > September 2008

[minutes] Thursday 11 September 2008

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:34:22 +0200
Message-ID: <48C93A7E.1060604@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.


Resolutions taken during the call:
- WBXML isn't widely supported enough for non-WML languages to warrant 
recommendations in the MWABP
- On the Techniques: the WG is not responsible for transferring the 
techniques any longer. Close ISSUE-239

The poll on the accessibility documents was extended by 4 weeks to allow 
Jeff and al to work on that. Please make sure you review the docs and 
complete the poll:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/WAI-Mobile-Experiences/


Francois.


11 Sep 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0027.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           jeffs, jo, aconnors, Francois, yeliz, Dom, heiko, achuter,
           DavidStorey, SeanP, DRooks, Kai_Dietrich, Manrique

    Regrets
           Bryan, Pontus, Abel, Miguel, Ed, Rob, Scott, Nacho, DKA

    Chair
           Jo

    Scribe
           Alan

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Status of sign-ups to new group
          2. [6]F2f Agenda
          3. [7]Reports from Task Forces
          4. [8]Document Updates
          5. [9]Accessibility and mandatory poll
          6. [10]Actions & issues
          7. [11]Open actions
          8. [12]AOB
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    [David Storey of Operra Software, introduction]

Status of sign-ups to new group

    Dom: If people are having touble signing up, should contact me

    <dom> [14]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/status

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/status

    Jo: Someone asked how they can tell if their AC rep has done it.

    Dom: Status list [link above]

F2f Agenda

    Jo: Nothing more to add.

    <dom> ACTION-835?

    <trackbot> ACTION-835 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to contact
    Stéphane to see if he is interested in presenting MW4D to BPWG at
    TPAC -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

    Dom: Stéphane Boyera will be able to present during F2F. Should let
    him know what day we want.

Reports from Task Forces

    Francois: content Transform TF. We decided to keep it going for now
    to complete work on documents (LC comments)
    ... Will take a few weeks.

    Jo: Korean TF, nobody present, Checker, nobody present

Document Updates

    <dom> ACTION-837?

    <trackbot> ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for
    the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in
    the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended
    to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due
    2008-09-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

    Kai: Have not been able to read comments

    Adam: BP 2.0. Have not been able to work on it in August, but have
    received more BPs to add. Will send list to group.

    Jo: Should track as issues?

    Adam: Seven from Bryan one from Jo.

    <dom> [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/new

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/new

    <manrique> about the checker, miguel has told me that there aren't
    news

Accessibility and mandatory poll

    see
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0002.htm
    l

      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0002.html

    <dom>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/WAI-Mobile-Experiences/resul
    ts

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/WAI-Mobile-Experiences/results

    <dom> 4 answers

    <dom> (closed yesterday)

    Francois: Not many people have answered mandatory poll.

    <dom> ACTION-820?

    <trackbot> ACTION-820 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to look at providing
    examples for accessibility document -- due 2008-09-25 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/820

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/820

    Jeff: Will soon be meeting and reviewing the document

    Jo: should hold off finishing this document until Jeff has reported.

    Jeff: Need three or four weeks

    Yeliz, Alan: No problem

    Dom: don't foresee any IP problems

    <dom> s/andy/any/

    <jeffs> have updated ACTION-820 to read: due 2008-10-02, and "open"

    Yeliz: Have addressed dom's comments, now need to do Jo's comments

    Jo: Please extend poll by four weeks.

    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/d
    rafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080901

      [21] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080901

    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2008Sep/0000.
    html

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2008Sep/0000.html

    Alan: Comments received from Lisa Pappas yet to be addressed.
    ... Will published new WD.

    <dom> ACTION-841?

    <trackbot> ACTION-841 -- Jo Rabin to review WSC comment and propose
    new wording -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841

    <dom> [24]Jo's reworked text for mobileOK

      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0019.html

    <dom> +1

    Jo: Basic Tests. Comments received from Thomas. Is editorial change.

    <francois> +1

    Jo: comments on proposal?

    [None]

Actions & issues

    <dom> [25]Pending Review actions

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingreview

    <dom> ACTION-688?

    <trackbot> ACTION-688 -- David Storey to check if Opera supports
    WBXML in and/or out of its WML support -- due 2008-03-11 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/688

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/688

    <dom> [27]David's response

      [27] 
http://www.w3.org/mid/4F887FF1-7F68-4FA1-86AB-19548D8536A6%2540opera.com

    David: waiting reply from Opera Mini team

    <dom> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: WBXML isn't widely supported enough for
    non-WML languages to warrant recommendations in the MWABP

    <jo> +1

    <francois> +1

    <Kai> +1

    <jeffs> +1

    <dstorey> +1

    <manrique> +1

    RESOLUTION: WBXML isn't widely supported enough for non-WML
    languages to warrant recommendations in the MWABP

    <dom> close ACTION-688

    <trackbot> ACTION-688 Check if Opera supports WBXML in and/or out of
    its WML support closed

    <dom> ACTION-689?

    <trackbot> ACTION-689 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to check XHR
    compression -- due 2008-03-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/689

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/689

    Dom: No changes needed to document.

    <dom> [29]Dom's investigations of compressed XHR

      [29] http://www.w3.org/mid/1220971373.19890.230.camel%2540localhost

    <dom> close ACTION-689

    <trackbot> ACTION-689 Check XHR compression closed

    <dom> ACTION-786?

    <trackbot> ACTION-786 -- Jo Rabin to draft wording for an appendix
    that identifies the aggregators and operator roles that are
    different in the mobile ecosystem. -- due 2008-06-24 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786

    <dom> [31]Jo's wording

      [31] http://www.w3.org/mid/4875E85F.50608%2540mtld.mobi

    <hgerlach> sorry, have to leave for next meeting-bye

    <dom> ACTION-792?

    <trackbot> ACTION-792 -- Abel Rionda to propose some text on SVG --
    due 2008-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/792

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/792

    <dom> [33]Abel's contribution

      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/0090.html

    <dom> ACTION-793?

    <trackbot> ACTION-793 -- Kai Scheppe to work with Scott to produce
    proposed text on caching that goes beyond BP 1 -- due 2008-06-24 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/793

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/793

    <dom> [35]Kai's contribution

      [35] 
http://www.w3.org/mid/398533C370C23441981074C456AA3BDD031DB8AF%2540QEO00226.de.t-online.corp

    <dom> ACTION-824?

    <trackbot> ACTION-824 -- Bryan Sullivan to raise issues on things
    he's not happy about, especially personalisation -- due 2008-08-06
    -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/824

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/824

    <dom> close ACTION-824

    <trackbot> ACTION-824 Raise issues on things he's not happy about,
    especially personalisation closed

    <dom> ACTION: Adam to raise ISSUEs based on Bryan's comments
    [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-844 - Raise ISSUEs based on Bryan's
    comments [on Adam Connors - due 2008-09-18].

    <dom> Kai: we've put in practice what we've described above - it
    does work

    <dom> ACTION-826?

    <trackbot> ACTION-826 -- Jo Rabin to work with _DAN_ and Francois to
    set up a web form, deadline a couple of weeks -- due 2008-09-04 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/826

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/826

    <dom> close ACTION-826

    <trackbot> ACTION-826 Work with _DAN_ and Francois to set up a web
    form, deadline a couple of weeks closed

    <dom> ACTION-827?

    <trackbot> ACTION-827 -- Jo Rabin to follow up on what happened to
    ETSI liaison at their end -- due 2008-09-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/827

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/827

    <Kai> ACTION: Kai to finalize information on caching concept, now
    live, and contribute it to the list. [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-845 - Finalize information on caching
    concept, now live, and contribute it to the list. [on Kai Scheppe -
    due 2008-09-18].

    <dom> close ACTION-827

    <trackbot> ACTION-827 Follow up on what happened to ETSI liaison at
    their end closed

    <dom> close ACTION-828

    <trackbot> ACTION-828 Get back on LC-2043 and simialr pointing out
    what we are trying to achieve and asking for clarification closed

    <dom> ACTION-835?

    <trackbot> ACTION-835 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to contact
    Stéphane to see if he is interested in presenting MW4D to BPWG at
    TPAC -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

    <dom> ACTION-841?

    <trackbot> ACTION-841 -- Jo Rabin to review WSC comment and propose
    new wording -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841

    <dom> -1

Open actions

    <dom> [43]25 overdue actions

      [43] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/overdue

    <dom> [44]sorted by owner

      [44] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner

    <dom> ACTION-790?

    <trackbot> ACTION-790 -- Alan Chuter to produce some text around
    accessibility of Javascript for Web Application Best Practices --
    due 2008-07-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

    Alan: Apologies, promises to do it for next week.

    <dom> ACTION-797?

    <trackbot> ACTION-797 -- Adam Connors to check on availability of
    data about the number of acceptable links in a focus-based browser
    -- due 2008-06-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/797

      [46] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/797

    <dom> ACTION-797: Adam says this cannot be done with a reasonable
    amount of efforts

    <trackbot> ACTION-797 Check on availability of data about the number
    of acceptable links in a focus-based browser notes added

    Adam: Can not be done with reasonable amount of work. Propose not to
    do it.

    Kai: We can close it.

    Jeff: Have been asked about this by several developers. Would
    prefere postponing it.
    ... Will come back with more information next week.

    <dom> ACTION-797?

    <trackbot> ACTION-797 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to check on availability
    of data about the number of acceptable links in a focus-based
    browser -- due 2008-09-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/797

      [47] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/797

    Kai: Had picked a value of 30, Jeff please check it with your
    people.

    <dom> ACTION-823?

    <trackbot> ACTION-823 -- Adam Connors to stimulate another round of
    discussion on what is missing from BP-2 FPWD -- due 2008-08-07 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/823

      [48] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/823

    <dom> ACTION-824?

    <trackbot> ACTION-824 -- Bryan Sullivan to raise issues on things
    he's not happy about, especially personalisation -- due 2008-08-07
    -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/824

      [49] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/824

    <dom> ISSUE-265?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-265 -- Discussion of Jonathan's Submission ref
    separation of structure presentation and behavior at
    [50]http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhpvgnmn_54d7cbhrhn -- OPEN

      [50] http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhpvgnmn_54d7cbhrhn

    <trackbot>
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/265

      [51] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/265

    <dom> ACTION-794?

    <trackbot> ACTION-794 -- Adam Connors to lead off discussion on
    ISSUE-265 following completion of next draft BP2 -- due 2008-07-17
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/794

      [52] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/794

    <dom> ACTION-804?

    <trackbot> ACTION-804 -- François Daoust to see with Soonho if he
    can find someone else to provide feedback on the document -- due
    2008-07-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/804

      [53] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/804

    <dom> ACTION-804: Francois pinged him several times, no reply

    <trackbot> ACTION-804 See with Soonho if he can find someone else to
    provide feedback on the document notes added

    <dom> close ACTION-804

    <trackbot> ACTION-804 See with Soonho if he can find someone else to
    provide feedback on the document closed

    <dom> ACTION-721?

    <trackbot> ACTION-721 -- François Daoust to prepare a report's form
    to fill to test Aaron static/dynamic example -- due 2008-08-14 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/721

      [54] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/721

    <dom> ACTION-799?

    <trackbot> ACTION-799 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to get back to
    rigo on updating the mobileOK license -- due 2008-07-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [55]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/799

      [55] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/799

    <dom> ACTION-762?

    <trackbot> ACTION-762 -- Jo Rabin to review ISSUE-250 with a view to
    how this affects content of mobileOK scheme -- due 2008-05-29 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [56]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/762

      [56] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/762

    <jo> ACTION-806?

    <trackbot> ACTION-806 -- Bryan Sullivan to send initial comments on
    Widget Requirements -- due 2008-07-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [57]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/806

      [57] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/806

    <dom> close ACTION-806

    <trackbot> ACTION-806 Send initial comments on Widget Requirements
    closed

    <dom> ISSUE-249?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-249 -- Should we include information use of DCCI in
    BP2? -- RAISED

    <trackbot>
    [58]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/249

      [58] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/249

    dom: two still pending review
    ... Propose closing 249, out of scope

    <dom> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: The WG is not responsible for
    transferring the techniques any longer. Close ISSUE-239.

    <dom> ISSUE-239?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-239 -- We still have not found a suitable home for
    the Techniques. -- RAISED

    <trackbot>
    [59]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/239

      [59] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/239

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: The WG is not responsible for transferring
    the techniques any longer. Close ISSUE-239.

    <francois> +1

    <dom> +1

    <jeffs> +1

    <jo> +1

    RESOLUTION: The WG is not responsible for transferring the
    techniques any longer. Close ISSUE-239

    <dom> [60]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/

      [60] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/

AOB

    <dom> [61]current registrants for next F2F

      [61] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/registrants#mwbp

    <jeffs> I'm there &reg

    [Call ends]

    <manrique> bye

    <yeliz> bye

    <jeffs> quit

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Adam to raise ISSUEs based on Bryan's comments
    [recorded in
    [62]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kai to finalize information on caching concept, now
    live, and contribute it to the list. [recorded in
    [63]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 11 September 2008 15:34:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:59 UTC