RE: Issue with ARIA 1.1 regarding which roles include children presentational = true ?

Thanks, can you provide an example of which ones?

From: Fred Esch [mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:36 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Cc: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir.gunnarsson@deque.com>; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Issue with ARIA 1.1 regarding which roles include children presentational = true ?

Bryan,

Role treeitem should not be children presentational true. A element with the role treeitem can have children that are semantically important and should be included in the accessibility tree.

Regards,

Fred Esch
Watson, IBM, W3C Accessibility

[IBM Watson]

Watson Release Management and Quality

[Inactive hide details for Bryan Garaventa ---01/11/2016 10:00:42 PM---Good question, I'm not sure, would be good to get others]Bryan Garaventa ---01/11/2016 10:00:42 PM---Good question, I'm not sure, would be good to get others opinions about this. I'm concerned at which