Re: Use cases & Threat models

Thanks for breaking out the use cases into a separate document! I think
listing different attack scenarios is valuable.

However, I'm not sure the current framing, which seems to suggest that only
certain attack scenarios would be in scope, is the best path forward. Some
of these attacks seem to stem from a common (set of) problem(s), e.g., ease
of automation. It might be useful to try and tease out the core properties
that enable each attack, and then determine if addressing those properties
is in scope.

For example, we might say that preventing attacks which can be easily
automated at the application layer -- including credential stuffing,
payment transactions, content scraping, etc -- are in scope. (I am
certainly not an expert here, but I don't think attacking account creation
would be included in this list.) We might also say that attacks that can be
automated at the network layer -- including volumetric DoS attacks -- are
in scope. But the solutions to these problems could very well be quite
different.

What do folks think?

Best,
Chris