Re: [web-annotation] Dropping type from ... what?

Yes, IR = Information Retrieval

No, MIME Types will be both too granular and are not actually
particular to
content type, which is usually what end users actually want when
searching
by type. For instance, when searching for images, the last thing that
they
actually want to see is a bunch of .tifs containing scanned text.

I'd appreciate it if you could provide an illustrative example of UA
UI/UX.
I've this feeling that every time you say users you really mean
developers.

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Doug Schepers
<notifications@github.com>

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_BigBlueHat&d=AwMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=CNqcFhI0azDKUJYZg7kahZkgpOqLX7aQnJKfeKJELRQ&s=NWsYFC-t9oZIv95koGiulgDRY7c4YqbxDTaDrmFFfFI&e=>,

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_web-2Dannotation_issues_67-23issuecomment-2D135541334&d=AwMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=CNqcFhI0azDKUJYZg7kahZkgpOqLX7aQnJKfeKJELRQ&s=qypoKrhSCuNozW2cPcsrL5xITRc94pLUeNaNrBwQ4oQ&e=>

--
GitHub Notif of comment by jjett
See