Re: [web-annotation] Dropping type from ... what?

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 18:43:00 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
The Web doesn't have a feature called "file extension." :smile:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#opaque

What's the media type of http://github.com/ or
https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js ?

Regardless, I think we need to narrow in on some use cases for both
`dctypes` and `format`. My preference would be to keep them both,
lower them from `SHOULD` to `MAY`, and go from there.

Would that put this issue to rest? If not, what's needed to help close
 the loop?

--
GitHub Notif of comment by BigBlueHat
See